||~80 miles South-South East of Ann Arbor
||Main Quarry 50ft, Depths to 70ft
This is a small quarry near Toledo, OH, max depth about 70 ft, main part of the quarry about 50 ft,
with sunken boats, training platforms, cars, a potato chip truck, and stocked fish. The "tunnel" is off limits.
Two walk-in entrances.
PLEASE NOTE: A
new operator will be running the
Quarry concession and air fill
station in 2007. Rates, hours,
and availability have yet to be
As of Mid-April, NO
services are available.
From Ypsilanti/Ann Arbor area:
- South on US23 & I-475 to Turnpike 80/90 East.
- Exit on 420 South, turn east on Route 20 (watch for speed traps from here on).
- Turn right on state road 300 south to Gibsonburg (the turnoff is marked by a large cellular/broadcast tower).
- Go 3/4 mile past downtown Gibsonburg, to White Star Park on the left.
- Follow signs to Scuba Diving.
Alternate route using Ohio Turnpike:
- Follow I275/75 South towards Toledo.
- Exit on I-280-south; the freeway will end at the turnpike (80/90) where I-280 turns into Route 420 South.
- Turn east on Route 20, follow directions above.
(This can save a few minutes & avoids Woodville speed traps)
- Take Exit 81 (Elmore exit), go south on Route 51.
- Turn west on Route 20.
- Turn south on Route 300, then follow directions above.
For more park information,
contact the Sandusky County Park
District at 419-334-4495.
In case of emergency, dial 911.
The park ranger can also be
reached on the cell phone at
There is a primitive
campground at White Star Park
across Route 300 from the
quarry. Open April 1 -
December 31, $10 per site per
night. Well water and pit